Investors in rental property know they cannot manage all the ins and outs of being a landlord on their own, especially when they have multiple properties in their portfolios. In fact, most investors already have property management services in Charleston in mind before they purchase their first rental home. Investors must be diligent in knowing exactly what they are signing up for when it comes to property management services in Charleston however because not all companies offer the same thing.
Some of the services you can expect with Property Management Services in Charleston include:
- Determining the rent value of the property
- Documentation of the interior and exterior of the property
- Creating leases
- Preparing the home for rent by cleaning and increasing curb appeal
- Marketing the rental and creating ads across various digital platforms
- Showing the rental to potential buyers
- Conducting tenant screenings including credit and background checks
- Rental collection
- Property maintenance
- Representing investor/owner in court
- Advise in legal disputes and litigation
- Accounting services
- Vendor services and payments
- Tax advisement
- Cash flow statements
This list is not exhaustive of what you might be looking for in property management services in Charleston and not all companies will provide each service listed above. When there are specifics needs you are looking to have met by property management services, make sure you ask about them before signing a contract.
Property management services in Charleston are the best way to ensure your focus can stay on your investing business while a team of professionals can take care of all day-to-day responsibilities of being a landlord or property manager. We’ll answer every call, respond to each inquiry, and ensure your property is well maintained and rented to highly qualified renters that have been thoroughly vetted through the application process.
If you are ready to start working with professional Property Management Services in Charleston, call Scott Properties of Charleston at 843-779-6527.