You’ve decided to join the millions of other property owners who have Charleston property management companies running their rental business. You know you want more time to invest, enjoy your retirement, travel, or spend time with your friends and family and have decided to hand over the reins of your rental business to qualified and successful property managers. How do you know which Charleston property management companies will bring you the most success?
Googling Charleston property management companies is a great way to start your search. Google search engine will give you many companies to start researching. Google will also give you the address, website, phone number of the business, as well as reviews that people have left on Google. After you have a list of the property management companies in the Charleston, SC area, start checking their websites, Yelp, Angie’s list, and other online sources to see reviews of the company.
Property owners cannot rely solely on reviews to get an understanding of the best property management companies available to them. When you call and talk to the companies, you are considering you should ask them several questions to see if they’re right for you.
- What is your turnover rate?
- What lease terms do you work with?
- Which are your preferred vendors for different services?
- What is your guarantee on occupancy?
- How many property owner clients do you currently work with?
- What is your marketing plan?
- How do you screen tenants?
- What system do you have in place for tenant emergencies?
- How often do you conduct inspections of the property?
- What services does your company prefer?
- Do you offer different packages based on service bundles?
- How fast can you turn a property for new tenants?
This list is not exhaustive of all the questions you should ask when determining the best Charleston property management companies for your rental business. When you’re ready to start talking to someone, contact Scott Properties now!