Few people use the newspaper to find rental properties, which have made the classified ads obsolete for any Charleston property company. Instead, nearly every person looking for a rental in Charleston is going to look online to find the perfect home. In a market as competitive as Charleston, property managers must make advertising and marketing online a priority.
5 Steps for Listing A Rental Property Online
There are five basic steps to creating a successful online rental ad that will get your property rented quickly to the perfect tenants.
- Choose Your Platform- There are several online platforms where rental homes are advertised. The best Charleston property management company will post across several, including Zillow, rent.com, Trulia, Relator.com, DoorSteps, Craigslist, and others.
- Click Worthy Title- The title of your advertisement is what makes them click. Be sure to include the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as the neighborhood in your title.
- Detailed Description- There is nothing worse than tenants viewing a property only to find out it lacks what they need. Make sure your descriptions are detailed with pet policy, deposit, rent, and fees. It would help if you also mentioned neighborhood highlights and amenities, school district, and date available.
- List Tenant Requirements- Taking time to show prospective tenants around to discover they aren’t going to qualify is a waste of time. Make sure tenants know the application requirements before the showing by listing in the ad.
- Photos: The best Charleston property company understands that pictures are worth 1000 words. Make sure you include clear photos taken while the home was clean and well-lit. If you can, stage the rental home with furniture and artwork for your marketing photos, this will help tenants envision themselves there.
Following these steps will help ensure potential renters see your advertisements. If you need a Charleston property company to help you manage your single-family rental home marketing, call Scott Properties of Charleston at 843-790-4929.